Sunday, December 20, 2009

January Sewing Queue: Swimwear

There's an Activewear competition running on Pattern Review for January 2010 as well as the start of a Lingerie competition halfway through the month. Over at PR, they're changing the way the prizes are awarded in contests, making 2nd place a random drawing, which seems like a bit of fun. First place is awarded on votes, as usual. Given the change, I thought I might enter a few of the contests next year. I wouldn't have a hope of winning normally, and, while that's not the reason I would enter the contest, a chance gives me a little more motivation to see things through.

Activewear/Swimwear:

With that said, what would I sew in the Activewear area? I need a new swimsuit, as well as some outfits for the gym, so that's a good start. I've just come into possession of a new Jalie swimsuit pattern, so that seems like the logical place to start. I've also got another couple of tankini patterns I've been wanting to sew for a while.




Given that I have a heap of printed nylon lycra, I really should sew up a few more swimsuits for DD. I'd like to give the Jalie pattern a go for her, as well as the standard Kwik Sew patterns I usually use...


It's so easy to whip up a swimsuit for DD, though, that I'd really like to set a goal to sew at least one for myself.

1 comment: