Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Finished the dress for my friend

Here is the maternity dress that I made for my friend. It was a bit of a learning curve. Not only had I not sewn this pattern before, but it didn't fit to start with AND I had to convert it to maternity. The trouble was she wanted a dress copied and I have no idea how to do that - particularly since she didn't want an EXACT copy anyway. So we did the best we could.

I did an FBA (she's an F-cup) and added a bit on the sides. Originally, I added in some width across the tummy to allow for expansion, but she didn't want it that loose, so I took that out. I ended up just rounding the bottom hem at the CF.

The good news is that she loves it.


OK. It's back to sewing for me now. I have made a few knit garments since I finished DF's dress. Nothing spectacular, just some good wardrobe basics in black double knit. I'm up to 7 garments finished this month.

I just spent last night pulling out all the knits that I have in the stash which are suitable for tops - and matching them up with patterns. I really need some new tops. I always seem to make bottoms - and then have nothing to wear them with. So, to that end, I am going to concentrate on tops for the rest of this month.

1 comment:

  1. I love the dress! I am a huge fan of black dresses.

    P/S : I wanted to say thanks for dropping by my blog during the SMS Giveaway and that I have another giveaway in my blog :)

    ReplyDelete